Drum Tip of the Day:

Drum Tip: Stay loose and let the sticks do the work.

Quote of the Day:

Quote: "Every drummer that had a name, had a name because of his individual playing. He didn't sound like anybody else, So everybody that I ever listened to, in some form, influenced my taste." - Buddy Rich

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Online Effect

I spent yesterday evening setting up microphones and other recording equipment to record and video my drums. I'm doing this because I want to put some videos on YouTube just to increase my presence. I guess you never know who might stumble on your videos and dig your playing, plus maybe more buzz I can share.

I'm thinking about how the internet has effected the success of a working musician. Like networking, samples, videos, promotion, etc... can all and are mainly all done via the internet i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and even this blog that probably no one is reading...haha. I wonder if this makes getting work harder or easier? Its definitely more complicated...

No comments:

Post a Comment